Our mission is to empower every individual with safe, scientifically proven, time-saving fitness education regarding blood flow restriction training.
We strive to teach applicable training that can be integrated anywhere – research-based and application graced!
The vision of the BFR Institute is to be the leading information outlet for all BFR Training. Any time new lab-based research is published, we’ll add it to our research page.
Also, we will be publishing our own original field-based BFR training research. We’ll be testing BFR training along with different areas of strength and fitness.
The best gains are your OWN!
About Alexander Fotioo (MS, SCCC, CSCS)
Fotioo is the founder of the Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Training Institute.
He is also the Director of strength and conditioning at the University of Central Arkansas.
He is the head strength and conditioning coach for the football, baseball, men’s basketball, men’s soccer, and women’s golf teams at UCA.
While at UCA, Fotioo has mentored and trained:
- 5 MLB Draft selections (Ty Tice, Hunter Strong, William Hancock, Tyler Gray, & Cody Davenport)
- 4 NFL players (George Odum, Tre’mon Smith, Jonathan Woodard, Dezmin Lewis)
- 3 Symetra Tour Women’s Golfers (Julia Roth, Brenda Gonzalez, Fernanda Lira)
- 1 Korean League Basketball Player (Jordan Howard)
- 1 Italian League Professional Softball Player (Kylee Studioso)
- 1 European Tour Golfer (Pep Angles)
Fotioo and BFR Training
Fotioo first began researching blood flow restriction technology during his graduate work at the University of Central Arkansas.
During that research period, he was stunned by the powerful results that BFR training had on the study participants. This began a life-long passion for studying and learning to magnify the powerful effects of BFR training.
He co-authored the research article “The Effects of Wearing a Portable Media Armband on Muscle Activation of the Biceps Brachii” that will be published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
The Fotioo Philosophy
- Build Routines! (fitness, intellectual, spiritual, occupational, relational, etc.)
- Targeted Training! (set realistic goals (short & long term) and train accordingly to goals)
- Consistency is Key! (build upon each day, have an accountability partner, train hard)
Fotioo is a 2010 graduate of UCA with a Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Science. He earned a Master’s of Science in Exercise Physiology from UCA in 2012. He and his wife, Megan, have one daughter – Molly Claire.
- Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified through the Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches association
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Certified Speed & Agility Coach through the National Sports Performance Association
- Level 2 Golf Fitness Trainer through the Titleist Performance Institute
- Level 1 Reflexive Performance Reset Certified